Sr. Associate Scientist USP ( Msc / PDeng)
- Full-time ,
- 32 uur ,
- 24 uur
- Euro 3500 - 3750 ,
- Euro 4250 - 4500
We are looking for a motivated Sr. Associated Scientist within the field of upstream process development. Responisibilities include:
- Planning &coordinating scientific studies to support process development projects.
- Data analysis and scientific reports.
- Hands-on work with the technical staff on the lab to perform the experimental work.
- Working together with the other scientists to translate the results of the development work into production processes.
- You may also represent USP in a multi-disciplinary project team and will support the transfer of the developed process in the production environment.
We are looking for a professional with the following background
- You have a M.Sc. or PhD in a relevant discipline in biopharmaceutical sciences/engineering, biotechnology or virology with 3-4 years of experience in industry;
- Candidates with a or relevant PhD that was carried out in collaboration with industry are welcome to apply;
- You have experience with mammalian cell culture, and a strong affinity with upstream processes development, preferably with hands-on experience with bioreactors.
- Experience in production, technology transfer and knowledge of GMP is an advantage.
- You are an excellent team player with excellent communication skills, who is flexible, has a can-do attitude, and a pro-active mindset;
- English required, Dutch not required;
- Valid work permit for the Netherlands is a must.
LabResource is the top tier supplier of Janssen Vaccines and Prevention BV. Janssen Vaccines is committed to developing first-in-class or best-in-class vaccines for some of the world’s most life-threatening infectious diseases. They have built a dedicated, world-class, multi-functional team across a variety of disciplines to develop a promising vaccines pipeline. In Leiden, they have a workforce of 700 scientists and support staff. They partner with many of the world’s leading experts, academic and clinical institutions and other pharmaceutical companies for the development of vaccines against, for example, Ebola and HIV.
Process development consists of a USP and a DSP department and is responsible for the development of scalable, pharmaceutical-grade production processes for viral vaccines using mammalian cell lines as a production platform. Novel technologies are used to make sure that the processes are safe, reliable, scalable and cost-effective, so that the vaccines can be produced in large quantities at low costs. The developed production processes are transferred into GMP production facilities for the production of clinical batches and scaled-up for commercial production. All activities are performed in close collaboration with other departments
Contract: Fixed term project for 1 year, contract via LabResource
Salary: €3500 -€4400 gross monthly based on education level & experience
Hours: full-time highly preferred, 32 hours discussable in case of a strong fit
Holidays: 25 + 12 holidays