Associate Director Formulation Development (Vaccines)
- 32 uur ,
- Euro 5500 - 6000 ,
- Obv 40 uur ,
- Euro 9500 - 10000
As Associate Director Formulation Development you manage the Formulation Development team (~20fte). You are a natural and proven leader able to manage and improve team dynamics supporting personal development of different team members. You are able to effectively connect and collaborate with different departments both within the Janssen Vaccines organization and external organizations. You are the spokesperson & representation of the department within JnJ.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Effective people, resource & infrastructure management in a stimulating, but demanding environment;
- Management of activities for the CMC project portfolio and continuous improvement projects, on a functional and strategic level, balancing supply and demand budgets.
- Connecting and collaborating with other teams within the organization as well as with other organizations within JnJ.
- Cultivating internal and external relationships and partnerships.
- Stimulating innovative problem solving and creation of Intellectual Property.
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
- PhD or MSc in relevant discipline, like pharmaceutical sciences, Analytical Science or (Bio) Chemistry;
- At least 8 to 10 years of (hands on) experience in formulation development or related areas, preferable in vaccines or large molecules and supplemented with experience as a line manager;
- Understanding of the scientific and technological concepts behind (vaccine) formulation Development;
- Extensive experience with the various aspects of formulation development (multiple product types), stability, vaccines, viruses, troubleshooting, scientific study design and data management, outsourcing;
- Knowledge of applicable quality and regulatory guidelines and industry standards;
- Comfortable in scientific and strategic discussions. Business acumen, a scientific mindset able to translate into manufacturability;
- Strong people management skills are essential tot to success in this role: you manages and improves team dynamics and support personal development;
- Fluent in English, fluency in Dutch is an advantage;
- You have a high level of self-awareness and can ask and give feedback;
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention, one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. Their teams focus on the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of vaccines to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases. With projects aimed at e.g. HIV, RSV and Ebola vaccines in advanced stages Janssen Vaccines & Prevention is a the forefront of medical & technological advancements in this field.
LabResource is the exclusive supplier for this position, applicants presented through other agencies will not be considered for this role.
The Drug Product Development department consists of five teams that work closely together: Formulation Development, Process Development, operations, Formulation Science & Technology, and Technical Integrators. The department develops the bulk drug substance and drug product formulations, the aseptic compounding and fill/finish processes. The department is embedded in the broader Vaccine Process & Analytical Development (VPAD) organization and collaborates with the clinical (supply) teams to define the storage and distribution network, and to generate in-use stability data.
The Formulation Development group specifically is responsible for the full trajectory of formulation development from early to late stage, ensuring optimal product stability and safety. Responsibilities include developing and optimizing complex formulations of investigational drug products, primary packaging, (novel) adjuvants, as well as conducting (clinical in-use) stability studies.
As an employee, JnJ considers you as their most valuable asset. As part of a global team in an innovative environment, your development is key Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, your personal growth is central. JnJ offers benefits making sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Contract: Direct contract at JnJ