Technician Vaccine Development
The Department of Vaccine development of Janssen Vaccines & Prevention that is situated in Leiden performs early development on novel vaccines. The department uses various cell culture platforms, and adenoviral transfection to produce new targets which are purifeid and characterized using e.g. ELISA, Western blot & FACS. We are currently looking for a technciian who will be involved in all parts of this process for a temporary project due to an extended maternity leave (~9 months)
We are looking for a professional with the following background:
- HLO/Bsc or WO/Msceducation in virology or biomedical science (no Phd)
- Preferably >1 year of relevant experience
- Experience with cell culture, transfections / cloning is critical
- Experience with Akta, ELISA, FACS and /or Western Blotting is highly advantageous
- Experience working in BSLII conditions is a must
- We are looking for highly driven, critical and assertive candidates who don't mind a hands-on position
- Fluent in English / Dutch. (Fluent in Dutch is an advantage)
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention is a leading biotechnology company developing vaccines against infectious diseases.
Within this company dominates a driven, dynamic culture. The people who work there are talented and enterprising and have a natural desire to develop and improve themselves.
Contract: 9 months,
Salary: ranging from €2400 - €3000 gross monthly